2009年12月3日 星期四

Assignment-good lies

Good lies – Type 1

Topic sentence: White Lie.

Explanation: A harmless or small lie.

Example A: When my friend ask me whether I like her new party dress. In fact, I don’t like the design but I tell her it look great.

Example B:My friend ask me whether she is overweight, I say no because I don’t want break her heart.

Good lies – Type 2

Topic sentence: Black lie.

Explanation: Lie for one’s benefit

Example A:I want to go shopping with my friends, but I tell my parents I will go to the library.

Example B:I go shopping with my friend and I tell her that T-shirt is so ugly because I don’t want her buy it. But I go to buy that T-shirt the other day.

1 則留言:

  1. Ha, I like the way you named your good lie 2 -- black lie. However, this black lie sounds a little evil, doesn't it?

    As for your good lie 1, the example B is much better than your example A. Can you tell why?

    回覆刪除